- 2 cups or 250g all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup or 170g sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup or 180ml milk
- 1/2 cup or 120ml canola oil - because it has a mild taste that wont ruin your batter mixture
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (about 9 oz or 260g) just ripe mango (about 3/4 cup or 140g chopped, without seed and peel)
- 1 3/4 oz or 50g dried mango (sliced into bits)
- Preheat Breville Smart oven to 350F or 180C and prepare a 6-cup muffin pan by greasing it or lining it with paper muffin cups.
- If you have a preferred method of peeling a mango, by all means, have at it. if not, may I recommend my method? Balance your mango on the narrow side and slice as close to the large seed as you can with a sharp knife, cutting one side off. Turn and repeat for the other side.
- Combine your flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together your milk, egg and oil.
- Pour your egg/milk mixture into your dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Fold in the fresh mango and the large pile of dried, chopped mango.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes under 180 deg. celcius or until a toothpick comes out clean.