- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup veg oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water (From Breville Compact Kettle)
1. Preheat the Breville Smart Oven™ to 180C/350F using Bake Function. Grease and flour 8-inch baking pan.
2. Using the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro™, lightly mix sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder and salt with the Scraper Beater.
3. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, beat for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in boiling water to the batter to make it thin.
5. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 40-50minutes.
FROSTING: CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Chocolate Mousse Frosting
- 150g chocolate
- 2 cups whipping cream
1. Chop the chocolate and place it in a bowl. Using the Breville Multi Chef - rice/cook function, add 1 cup water then place the bowl on top of the innerpot.
2. Melt over a slowly simmering until the temperature reaches approximately 45C on a cooking thermometer, Using the Breville Scrapter Mixer Pro, beat the cream until firm peaks cling to the whisk.
3. Whisking quickly, add about 1/3 of the whipped cream to the hot chocolate. Pour the mixture over the remaining cream and fold in gently with the whisk or a spatula to evenly blend the ingredients.
Decorate as desired
fillings when demonstrated - salted caramel, chocolate ganache and choco mousse