- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup veg oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water (From Breville Compact Kettle)
1. Preheat the Breville Smart Oven™ to 180C/350F using Bake Function. Grease and flour 8-inch baking pan.
2. Using the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro™, lightly mix sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder and salt with the Scraper Beater.
3. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, beat for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in boiling water to the batter to make it thin.
5. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 40-50minutes.
FROSTING: CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 250g Dark Chocolate
- 250ml cream
1.Finely chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
2.Using the Breville Multi Chef, heat the cream using the rice/steam function until simmering and pour it over the chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside until the ganache is stiff and ready to pipe
Decorated as desired.
Filling when demonstrated - strawberry jam and chocolate ganache